The purpose of this blog is to get some validation for how I look at Business Processes vs. Business Services. In simple terms, I differentiate between these concepts in the following manner:
1) Triggered by business events
2) Issues a series of business actions that could involve the invocation of one or more granular business services
3) Interactions involve execution of a business activity that is representative of a value chain or is a core part of a value chain in the enterprise
1) Typically triggered by a request from an online consumer or a single business transaction
2) Issues a single business action for the most part
3) Interactions involve the execution of a single business function or an inquiry against a single core business entity
Your feedback is invaluable.