A few early adopters of SOA met last year back (August 2005) and agreed to establish an SOA community. This community was prelaunced at the Global Integration Summit (GIS) with the following proposed objectives.
- Get agreement on terminology for discussing SOA.
- Influence and deliver requirements to Standards Organizations and Vendors
- Provide education and rich understanding:
- Articulate & Promote Business Value Capture
- Disseminate Success Stories, Best/Worst Practices
- Offer templates, tool and methodology to ensure investment success
SOA Practitioners Guide (Abstract):
The guide is available in three parts:
SOA Practitioners Guide Part 1: Why Services-Oriented Architecture? - This guide provides a high-level summary of SOA.
SOA Practitioners Guide Part 2: SOA Reference Architecture - This guide covers the SOA Reference Architecture, which provides a worked design of an enterprise-wide SOA implementation with detailed architecture diagrams, component descriptions, detailed requirements, design patterns, opinions about standards, patterns on regulation compliance, standards templates and potential code assets from members.
SOA Practitioners Guide Part 3: Introduction to Services Lifecycle — This guide introduces the Services Lifecycle and provides a detailed process for services management though the service lifecycle, from inception through to retirement or repurposing of the services. It also contains an appendix that includes organization and governance best practices, templates, comments on key SOA standards, and recommended links for more information.
- Surekha Durvasula, Enterprise Architect, Kohls
- Martin Guttmann, Principal Architect, Customer Solutions Group, Intel Corp
- Ashok Kumar, Manager, SOA Archtiecture, Avis Budget
- Jeffery Lamb, Enterprise Architect, Wells Fargo
- Tom Mitchell, Lead Technical Architect, Wells Fargo Private Client Services
- Burc Oral, Inidividual Contributor
- Yogish Pai, Chief Architect AquaLogic Composer, BEA Systems, Inc.
- Tom Sedlack, Enterprise Architecture and Engineering, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Dr. Harsh Sharma, Senior Information Architect, MetLife
- Sankar Ram-Sundaresan, Chief Architect e-Business, HP-IT